|This set is designed one size under bore and hardened C1144 steel for long life. The drill lube is to ensure smooth minimal friction between the drill bit and the guide, cooling the bit, keeping it from galling, which aids in longer drill and guide life. Dip drill bit in lubricant at least once for every rivet.
The guides are easy to use. First select the appropriate guide for the rivet being drilled.
Set conical recess over rivet head. Hold firmly with two fingers, making sure there is no movement from side to side. Dip drill bit in lube, insert drill into bore of guide and drill. Usually there is no need to drill much past the thickness of the rivet head in depth. After the head is drilled, the rivet can be punched out with little effort.
The guides allow you to drill straight and center every time. They are compact, easy to grip and easy to spot if dropped. They were designed to eliminate double drilled holes and drill bits “skating” off of rivets.
In The Box
High Speed Jobber Cobalt Drill Bits
- LRDG-D For Letter “D” (.246) for use in removal of 1/4″ MS20470 & AN470 solid rivets
- LRDG-13 (.191″) for use in removal of 3/16″ MS20470 & AN470 solid rivets
- LRDG-21 (.159″) for use in removal of 5/32″ MS20470 & AN470 solid rivets
- LRDG-31 (.120″) for use in removal of 1/8″ MS20470 & AN470 solid rivets
- LRDG-41 (.096″) for use in removal of 3/32″ MS20470 & AN470 solid rivets
Rivet Drill Guides
- LRDG-19-D Letter “D” Guide
- LRDG-19-13 #13 Guide
- LRDG-19-21 #21 Guide
- LRDG-19-31 #31 Guide
- LRDG-19-41 #41 Guide
BL-70104 Boelube 70104
BX-4648 Box with label & foam