ASI-4 Airspeed indicator
The ASI-4 is a 2 1/4” sunlight readable instrument that provides a wide range airspeed indication in both digital and analog tape formats. Airspeed is based on the pressure generated by a pitot tube system and a static port is provided as well for use in high speed aircraft. In addition, the ASI-4 provides a flight timer since takeoff and records the maximum airspeed reached.
Airspeed can be indicated in statute miles per hour (mph), kilometers per hour (km/h) or knots (kts). The analog airspeed tape can be scaled according to the aircraft’s flying speed range and ranges for Vs0, Vs1, Vfe, Vno and Vne can be set. The ASI-4 also provides a programmable Vs and Vne airspeed alarm output. ASI sensitivity can be calibrated by the user to cater for errors caused by pitot tube placement.
The ASI-4 instrument measures airspeed from 16mph to 250mph and is well suited to slower aircraft due to very good sensitivity and linearity at low air speeds.
- Measures airspeed from 16mph to 250mph and is well suited to slow aircraft due to very good sensitivity and linearity at low air speeds
- Includes a flight timer since takeoff
- Airspeed units can be set to miles per hour (mph), kilometer per hour (km/h) or knots (kts)
- Analog tape with programmable ranges for Vs0, Vs1, Vfe, Vno and Vne
- Contains a programmable Vs and Vne airspeed alarm output
- Records maximum airspeed reached in permanent memory