Introducing the NEW Artificial Intelligence (AI) Series from Aerovoltz. Our next generation AI series of Intelligent Lithium batteries provides extended service life, less resistance, which means faster starts and quicker recharging if the battery is drawn down for any reason. The new case design has more robust DUAL terminals and are all welded connections internally.
Battery Management System (BMS)
All NEW Aerovoltz Intelligent Lithium Batteries contain a BMS system.
A battery management system is an electronic management system inside the battery that manages the charging of the Battery by protecting it from overcharging, balancing the cells during the charging process and make sure the battery operates in a safe environment.
The BMS will manage the following functions:
- Overcharge Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Over Discharge Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Temperature Protection HIGH and LOW
- Self discharging in non-active mode
With the new redesigned cases with DUAL TERMINALS they are easier to mount and have a thicker wall case for more impact resistance if dropped or damaged for any reason.
The New Artificial Intelligence (AI) Series Experimental Aircraft Batteries are the result of years of testing and flight hours around the globe
the AVAI-270 is designed for your two cycle applications or back up battery for avionics.
Most engines in this range use an OEM battery that weighs up to 10.7lbs. The 8 Cell Aerovoltz Battery weighs a little over 1.9lbs. That is a weight savings of 8.5lbs for less than $170! If your vehicle has a modified motor or operates in extreme conditions then we would recommend upgrading to the 12 Cell for added durability. We highly recommend the purchasing the Everything Aero Balance Charger to extend the life of the Lithium Cells and maximize performance and capacity.
Designed and Developed in the USA
- Up to 80% smaller than the stock battery
- Up to 8.5lbs Lighter than the stock battery
- Service life of over twice a lead acid in similar conditions
- Industry leading 3 year warranty
- Hard mounted DUAL brass terminals for a direct replacement installation
- Completely “dry” technology so batteries can be mounted in any direction
- Non-toxic, recyclable, and can be air shipped
- Experimental Aircraft Applications for Rotax, Lycoming, Continental, Jabiru, Yamaha, Suzuki and other engines utilized in aircraft
- Tested extensively by professional pilots and manufactures like Titan Aircraft, KitFox, Back Country Super Cubs and Pipistrel
- Impact and water resistant
- No special charger required
- No trickle charger required, loses only 10% of charge over a year of static use
- Aerovoltz Lithium Balance Charger recommended for maximum performance and service life
- Dimensions (Standard): 5.9″ (L) x 3.4″ (W) x 3.7″ (H)
- Negative Terminal Location: DUAL
- Weight: (1.9 lbs.)
- Voltage (Charged): 13.6V
- Lead Acid Equivalent Amperage: 6.9 A/H @ 10 A/H Rating
- Pulse Cranking Amps: 270amps
- Operating Environment: -18°C (0°F) to 60°C (140°F)
Applications for 100 amp to 200 amp starter draw
- Rotax twin cylinder two strokes up to 600cc
- Hirth twin cylinder two strokes up to the 3503 70HP Series
- HKS-700E series two cylinder four stroke engines